We were lucky enough to be sent the new and improved breast pump from Haakaa. I am such a big fan of this amazing pump. I have tried a few in the past and just hated them. They hurt, took forever to get the milk out and were just a pain to even get the thing to work. When I heard about this pump through a friend at the beginning of the year I just had to have it but they were in such high demand – I kept missing out. Then finally a few months later I got my hands on one *cue angel music*. What an absolute game changer this piece of silicone was.
If you were a fan of the first Haakaa breast pump then you are going to be absolutely blown away by the new one! Lets talk about the new features and accessories!
1. The Suction Bottom
First new feature and I think this feature is my favourite. There have been quite a few times in the past where I have accidentally knocked over my pump full of milk (sometimes cried over it – obvious pun) and would often think, God I wish that this pump stuck to the bench! My wish has been granted it seems! Such a handy feature to have and I am sure it is going to make a lot of mamas happy!
2. Bigger Size
The new pump is bigger and can now hold more than 150ml of milk – thats really impressive and I know that this will be really helpful to a lot of mums.
3. New Accessories
There is a new accessory on the block and it is called a stopper. They are so cute and come in two designs, the flower (pictured) and also a strawberry which will also be released soon. They are to be used to keep germs and other bad things from getting into your milk and to stop milk spilling out.
RRP – $11.50 – Flower
RRP – $10.90 Strawberry
Although the latest and greatest breast pump has new features, it still has all the other great features from the first pump, including…
- 100% Hospital grade silicone
- Easy to clean
- No cords or wires
- Portable – great for travel
- Soft and comfortable for your boobies
I know a lot of you already have the Haakaa Breast Pump, but if you are new to the pump family, here are a few tips to help you.
1. Sterilise your pump in a pot on the stove or in the microwave for 2-3 minutes
2. Place pump over your nipple. Make sure it is comfortable and that your nipple is in the neck of the pump – Very important!
3. Squeeze bottom half of pump 1 – 2 times to apply suction.
4. If you are wanting to speed things up a bit then I find massaging your boob gently works a treat. Applying a warm flannel to the top of your boob also works.
5. When I am feeding Eli I will sometimes attach the pump to my other boob and the milk just flows so fast and easily into the pump – perfect.
The new pumps retail for $29.90.
I believe strongly in this product. I think every badass breastfeeding mother should own one.
These bad boys will sell out quick so you better hurry! Stock will be limited!
You can purchase the new Haakaa pump directly from their website here!